Saturday 21 January 2017

February Stampin' Up! Class - Beautiful You

The first time I thumbed through the catalogue I skipped past this set... then I saw so many ideas on Pinterest I HAD to have it!

So in February we're using this set! Here are the cards we'll be making with Beautiful You.


I know! Isn't it stunning? But I can't take the credit - this was designed by a fellow Pinkie but I can't find the original post so I can credit her (EDITED)***http://www.michellescraftcorner.com***! The Night of Navy and white is fabulous... and the hat and dress use a technique called 'Paper Piecing'...

So the second one doesn't use the Paper Piecing - but we're going to be using the Emboss Resist technique with Masking and Brayering... so that's FOUR techniques so far in February's class!


I think it's pretty effective... can you see what I've done with the hat?


The last card and yet ANOTHER technique - this time one of the Reflection Techniques... and a little shading with the new Watercolour Pencils!


Ah and a Watercolour Wash with the Aquapainters. My goodness this class is a veritable feast of techniques to learn or practice. I hope you can come along!



The 2 available dates are the 6th or the 20th! Book now by texting/phoning or emailing.

6 comments:

  1. Wow,these are all fantastic but the one in Night of Navy is absolutely stunning. I've seen Paper Piecing done with that stamp and looked wonderful but yours take it to another level. Very Parisian, very chic, very Jacky K but with a touch of fun with the balloons. Thank you so much for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda! I honestly can't take the credit for the blue and white as I CASE'd it from a colleague who posted it on our team site! I just can't remember who posted it as I screen shot it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Paula,
    your cards are all very beautifull. Me and my friend are wondering how did you do the rain on the card with the reflection technique.
    thank you for sharing it with us. love from Belgium Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria, Sorry for the delay I'm recovering from surgery on my wrist and haven't been able to use the computer. Thank you for getting in touch! I used one of the stamps from Gorgeous Grunge. Paula xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards. I love the one in the rain. Not sure how to make the rain without a stamp. Could I draw it on with watercolor pencils.? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saundra, you could draw it on in pencil, make sure you have a nice sharp point and you could also use a ruler to get the uniform lines.

      Regards,

      Paula

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx