Wednesday 19 February 2014

Fond Farewell...

I started my current job back in November then just before Christmas we moved into a new office. One of the people in the new office was a chap I hadn't met before but he shared my same dry humour and I have spent the last few weeks in fits of hysterical laughter... In fact I would say I have never been happier at work. He is just such a fun guy.

Today though I had to say goodbye as he and his wife and children are moving to Canada on Monday and I'm not back at work this week.

I wanted to make him a card to wish the whole family the best of luck in their new home... I know they are looking forward to the skiing, snowboarding and I don't believe they have a five and a half hour drive from the airport to their new home! No-where in the UK is that far from anywhere!

It will be interesting to see if his new colleagues and neighbours will 'get' his dry wit and sarcasm - we brits are something else when it comes to humour!

I used the new 'Just Sayin' set and matching framelit and you might notice the Saleabration embossing folder there...


Don't forget if you want to book on one of my classes to make the wreath you need to book and pay by Friday!

The dates are the 14th, 19th or 21st of March and cost just £22.50.


2 comments:

  1. Love your card Paula. Bet your friend did too!. Hopefully he'll find us Canadians to have a great sense of humour that totally gets his dry wit. He, on the other hand, will LOVE the snow and winter sports - but not the accompanying snowstorms and freezing temperatures!! And a 5 1/2 hour drive to just about anywhere in Canada? Totally normal! He'll get used to that fast enough. Have a terrific day and thanks for sharing! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia, His wife is canadian and they spend a month every year at Christmas there anyway... He says -35 isn't so bad because the sun is shining whereas in the UK it may be +8 but the rain and wind grind you down! xxxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx