Wednesday 12 June 2013

Views and Cappuccinos

Well we got back from a not so sunny Italy yesterday and I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow!

The weather in Tuscany was unseasonably rotten, predominantly overcast and wet. A bit like the UK - except I understand you had a lovely week.

We visited lots of local villages and saw lots of fantastic architecture, including a day in Florence. It would have been nice to have gone back to Florence but with only a week it was a bit difficult. We were in a very rural village so only ate out once, but spent some lovely evenings in my Aunt and Uncle's apartment, drinking copious amounts of red wine!

This is the view from the apartment - as you can see we were high up and there was a lot of low cloud.


Here is a view over some of the vineyards


Don't let anyone tell you the Italians aren't a little bit mad! This car is parked. Yes - in the middle of the junction. The owner pulled up, got out and went shopping. It was still there an hour later!


We climbed to the top of the Duomo - the big dome in the picture. It is an amazing building and the view from the top was worth the 463 steps we had to climb. It isn't for the faint hearted though!


I started reading a book a couple of days ago and I would like to finish it before I go back to work tomorrow - so I'll say Ciao for now. I may be back tomorrow... but it will be a late post!

Pxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Psula-Sounds like you had a lovely time in Italy-and i am glad the weather didn't dampen your spirits.Lovely pictures-can't believe they just left that car there to go shopping LOL!
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx