Friday 7 December 2012

Decorating Candles - With Stampin' Up!

Earlier this week - in between bouts of studying (thank goodness the exam is now over - just 8 weeks until my results), I saw an amazing video by one of my friends and fellow Pinkies Traci. It was a fabulous tutorial of how to decorate candles...

First I'll show you my effort - then the brilliant video Traci did - in case you would like to try the technique yourself.


I chose a non-Christmassy design so I can give it as a gift that will 'outlast' Christmas.


The butterflies are from Papillon Potpourri and punched out with the Butterfly Punch - it is not possible to punch out the Tissue Paper alone, so I stuck it on a Post-It (other brands of adhesive notes are available!) and punched the two layers out together.

The 'Love' image is from the gorgeous You Are Loved set and punched out, using the same technique, with the Decorative Label Punch.

Here is Traci's fabulous Video - don't forget if you want to try any techniques you can always ask me about holding a class at your house for you and your friends - for this type of project there would be a small charge - unless you supply your own candles. Or hold a party!

Thanks Traci for letting me share this video!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx