Friday 16 November 2012

Stampin' Up! Poinsettia

I am so proud of myself! I always question my own abilities as a crafter as I really struggle to be creative without borrowing inspiration from others.

Today I created something unique! All by myself and I am so proud!



My very own Poinsettia! So I have done a step by step tutorial for you! All you need are a hot Glue Gun, Stampin Up Silicone Craft Sheet, Merry Minis Ornament Punch, the embossing isn't absolutely necessary but I used the Square Lattice folder, some of the tiny Stampin' Up! Pearls and a black marker pen.

Firstly I embossed some scraps of red and green card.



Then I punched out 2 green and 15 red ornament shapes.



Next I put a blob of hot glue on my Silicone Craft Sheet. Then arranged 2 of the green and 5 of the red ornaments on the hot glue.



Then I added a little more glue and arranged another 5 ornaments.


A little more glue and I added the last 5 ornaments.


Finally I coloured 3 of the tiny SU pearls with a black marker and added them to the centre to finish my flower.



I hope you enjoy experimenting with these lovely Christmas flowers! These small ones make great card candy or embellishments for gifts.

If you check out the Ornament framelits dies there is one the exact same shape so you could also use the larger pearls and add them to napkin rings or larger parcels, or even just as decorations. The possibilities are endless!

I hope you enjoyed my moment of inspiration and I look forward to seeing your versions!

Paula xxx






2 comments:

  1. How fabulous is this? - love it. Thanks for the tutorial - will certainly have a go - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx